Monday, October 17, 2011

Sniper Visit


These are F-5N's of the United States Marines VMFT-401 Snipers. they are the aggressor squadron for training Marine pilots in air to air combat. (Top Gun School) They stopped in here at Easterwood Field for lunch. Thing 1 touched down behind some aircraft parked on the ramp so I didn't get a good picture of him but Thing 2 held the nose in the air for about half the runway giving me more than enough time to click off a few shots. Also got a pretty good closeup as they taxied in to park.
I heard the noise as they made some low altitude high speed passes over the field before landing. By the time I got out to the ramp they were on final so I got their landing. We shall see if I can catch them when they are ready to leave and get them going as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment