Dear TAMU SCCC Members:
Earlier today, Senator Steve Ogden (our State Senator for Bryan/College Station) said on the floor of the Texas Senate that he doesn’t believe Aggies want campus carry at Texas A&M.
We need you to tell him that he’s wrong.
We need you to tell him through every avenue available (phone, fax, email, and in person).
And we need you to tell him NOW!
First, here’s what he said:
1. He said that students, faculty, and staff at A&M don’t want campus carry.
2. He said there’s no evidence that allowing concealed carry on campus will lower the crime rates on college campuses (completely ignoring the fact that concealed carry is about personal security, not campus security).
3. He said that allowing concealed carry by individuals over the age of 21 would be unfair to younger students (suggesting that license holders on college campuses should be denied the same measure of personal protection they’re allowed virtually everywhere else, out of some bizarre sense of equality not enforced anywhere else).
Now, here’s what you need to do:
1. Call his office (512-463-0105). I don’t care if you’ve already called a hundred times this month, and I don’t care if you just called yesterday—this time you’re calling to COMPLAIN about what he said on the floor of the Senate. Be sure to mention your affiliation with A&M.
2. Send him a fax (512-463-5713). As always, FaxZero.com lets you send two free faxes per day from your web browser. If you’ve already sent the fax we asked you to send yesterday (explaining why you support campus carry), write a new one complaining about what he said on the floor of the Senate. If you haven’t sent the fax we asked you to send yesterday, write it and then add your complaints about what he said on the floor of the senate. Be sure to mention your affiliation with A&M, and be sure to include your phone number and LOCAL address.
3. Copy the message you sent as a fax, and send it to these four email addresses. Be sure to mention your affiliation with A&M, and be sure to include your phone number and LOCAL address:
4. Forward this message to any and all Aggies who support this cause. You can post it on Facebook pages, message boards, whatever.
5. Join one of the groups going tomorrow to visit either Senator Ogden’s Capitol office in Austin or his district office here in Bryan/College Station (contact Chase Jennings or Madison Welch for details).
Let’s let Senator Ogden know how we really feel about this issue!
We're the Fauxnly Ones Preventing Loss Enough
10 minutes ago