Sunday, August 23, 2009

Range Goodness

Yesterday was Beyond the Basics. As an added treat, we had Dave Re of DR Performance (IPSC Grand Master) out to help. He brought along with him some of his poker card practice decks. This is a set of playing cards that have practice drills on them so you can randomly select drills to work on. That way you do not focus too much on stuff you are good at and avoid stuff you should really be practicing. It also adds some randomness to your practice to make it more interesting and help you learn and ingrain skills better. I picked up a set and have looked through them but have not had a chance to go out and practice with them yet. Give m a break I just got them yesterday after teaching all day. I have to say I am looking forward to going out and trying them. The drills look interesting and simple enough to setup and may even help get me back into competing instead of just teaching.

We shall see ..............

No comments:

Post a Comment