Wednesday, May 2, 2012

BaG Day gun 2012

Well, I made a BaG Day purchase but have not put it all together yet. This year I actually had funds to make a purchase and plans to get a gun that is something I have wanted for a while. Pictures will come once it is all together.
I've wanted a long range rifle without actually getting a custom rig built so, I consulted with a friend from Rifles Only Inc. and he and I came up with a pretty cool package. Start with a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD. Man that's a mouthful. Top that with Badger Ordnance  mount base and rings holding a Bushnell Elite Tactical Mil-Dot scope and a Harris Bipod.

All was going well until I realized I had ordered the 30mm rings instead of 34mm rings. So, short delay in putting it all together. Pictures will follow once I have it all together in picturable form. So, now I wait on the 34mm Rings and shipping the 30mm Rings back or selling them to a friend or deciding to keep them and use them on another rifle. They're just so massive and cool, it is hard to think about getting rid of them. However, I don't have another rifle worthy of them or the optics they would hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment